Afifah Husna: We are all adults now.

Saturday, September 12, 2020

We are all adults now.

My sweetest bestfriend, Aqielah is flying to UK on 14th September. So, my high school gang and I decided to catch up with her, do a little surprise for her. We planned to go for a dinner on Monday, 24th of August. Then, Farah is going into the labour, so we decided to delay the plan and planned again to go on a dinner on 27th of August, on my birthday. Then, on that day, it was kinda hectic for everyone. haha. Dayang forgets that we have planned to meet on that day and that she was 'selekeh' according to her. Then, Qeyla asked if we could make the dinner early, around 6-7. But, Dayang and Ana worked on that day, so it was quite hard for them to make it there by 6-7. Dayang laid out a few options for up to choose and thus we decided to meet her on Saturday, 29th August. 

It was a very good catch up session we had. We talked and ate and then Fasha and Ana surprised Dayang, Qeyla and I with cakes. The restaurant had a birthday song played and I was confused and played along. I thought it was someone else's birthday, so we just clapped along. Then the waiter came to us and gave us the cakes. It was for the three of us! It was fun and I was touched. I mean, I thought they forgets my birthday. None of them wished me on my birthday. They all knew it was my birthday. We were discussing on Qeyla's farewell dinner on my birthday. They knew! But, none really wished me. Semua wish I when it was towards the end of my birthday. But, I don't really care haha. So, when they had some cakes for us, I was like, awww thankss haha 😎

Dayang gets emotional when we were eating the cakes. It was for Qeyla as well. Knowing that we can't see her for a year really making us sad. Its not like we never gone through a year without meeting with everyone. When all of us were still in Uni, we barely can make time for each other. The longest we've gone through without meeting each other was like, 2 years I think. So, for a year, it is short actually. But, maybe because she'll be on the other side of the world. Ahh, now I'm getting emotional :'( and so suddenly, all of us gets teary eyes. And then, Fasha made some speech about how we all are growing up and now that we are like working towards achieving our own goals in life. How we can barely make time for each other considering the commitments we have commit. It was all gloomy for a moment there. I remembered Fasha's post on Instagram for all of us not to get so busy in college, but I guess, life catches up and we couldn't help but to be busy. I am happy seeing my friends live the life they're in today. 

I turned 24, a few weeks ago and it was the easiest birthday I have ever dealt with. On my previous birthday post, I did mention how I get anxious everytime my birthday comes. I really hate it. I felt lonely and unloved. So, last year, I felt very happy and content the whole day. Well, this year, considering how miserable my life has been since earlier this year, and I have been in the craziest phase of my life, I thought I would feel the same way like I did for several years prior. 

But, I have never been so good?! I took a day leave on that day. Woke up to my mom opening my door and wished me happy birthday. I finished making my Koko Jar orders in the morning (visit @lildesserts on Instagram to know more hehe) and went out for a dinner with my boy. We had a really good time. It was a short dinner. He picked me up at my house. Opened the car door to a bouquet of tulips. Then he told me my mom made him buy me a slice of cake and chocolates. Stopped by the lake and finished the cake. Went to Super Saigon and had a dinner there. Took some pictures with my flowers hehe. Then we head home. Like I said, short dinner. Nothing fancy, but my heart was so full and I am so happy. I used "harini-birthday-along" card to my siblings every time I need them to do something for me the whole day >.< and they don't complain haha. I'm not sure is it because I am a big girl already or that, I came to terms that birthday is just a normal day but with a hint of extra extra to it. I am happy that I am able to feel happy because I'm quite afraid that I'll feel sad hehe.

The thing about growing up is that, we grew distant with people that we were the closest to. But, that's life. Some people stayed and some leave. But that doesn't mean you or them are the toxic one, it's just life happens, and all suddenly, we just don't talk anymore. You know you can always come back to them, when you need to, and everything seems like we never been far from each other. I miss how easy and less complicated my life was, but if we stayed in the same phase for all our life, then, what is growing up? You can't expect people to be the same person he/she was when they were young. The person you knew today, is not the same that you knew yesterday. We are all adults now. So, appreciate each moment you have with the ones you loved. 

And to you, my dearest Aqielah. You have always been the sweetest friend one could ever ask for. You are always so nice and kind to others. I love how considerate you are to others and that you have always brings joy to the people in your life. Have fun in UK okay. We all gonna miss you so much. All the best in what you're doing and I pray that Allah will always keep you safe wherever you go. May Allah bless you always, and luv u, bb. Balik nanti bawak lah boyfriend mat saleeh okie hehe 😝 i love you <3


love, Fyfaa

No comments:

Post a Comment